We are at 10 minutes with distraction
- need to work on duration - at this point I can tell 10 min is his Max and he will try to wander off. So I feel like this is too much of a game and not "real life" yet.
- need to work on saying Place from a distance and him understanding what I mean. I think this is the important part because I am hoping that it will mean to him "place - means I go lay down on my bed and don't move until instructed" but right now I think it means to him "I lay on my bed, get cookies for staying but when I want to get up, I will - I don't want to stay here too long"
- Currently, I say Place and point to the direction of the bed but I also have the bowl of treats so I KNOW he KNOWS this is a game right now. I am thinking of moving the bed upstairs to the kitchen now - where everyday life takes place and place will be required more than not.
Also: somehow we lost our off-leash heel. I don't do off leash outside in the winter for obvious back yard reasons (snow). In class, he lags and ends up far more than an arm's length away from my side and he is checking everything else out. On leash he is fine in class.
- I will go back to basics for a second or two - lure - just to get him into the game THEN
- I will start show and stows with poor heels - I can assume here that he will figure it out cuz he HATES the stow part of the show and stow
- make ME more exciting than everything around him - I "stopped" this for some reason.....I used to be animated and fun but now I notice (yesterday especially) that I am boring him
That's it for now!